Congratulations to the winners of this year’s pumpkin carving contest and a HUGE thank you to all the generous donors who provided prizes.
A big thank you as well, to the two volunteers from Kids Cancer Care who braved an evening of icy cold wind and a short supply of ghouls and ghosts — it was one of our quietest Halloweens in years!
100% of the entry fees went to the Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta.
- People’s Choice: Anne’s “Witch with Cauldron” pumpkin
- The Gravedigger’s Choice: Tammy’s “Zombie Rising” pumpkin
Children (14 and under)
- People’s Choice: Mikayla & Kirsten’s “Minion” pumpkin
- The Gravedigger’s Choice: Cody’s “Hell or High Water” pumpkin
A HUGE thank-you to the following donors for their kind support and donations:
- LaserQuest Calgary – Family Fun Pack (4 complimentary tickets)
- Tinhorn Creek – Oldfield series Merlot, 2Bench White, and Ice Wine
- SpringBank Cheese – Willowpark – two $20 gift certificates
- Sentry Box – $50 gift card
- Wildrose Brewery – 12 pack of WRaspberry Ale and a 12 pack of Velvet Fog
- Discovery Hut – Chinook – $50 gift card
- Beauté Prestige International – His & Hers Issey Miyake fragrance sets
- Braeside Dental Centre – $200 towards prize purchases
- Boston Pizza – Oakridge – $50 worth of gift certificates
- Anonymous donor “BR” – $200 to put towards prize purchases
- Anonymous donor “MF” – $100 to put towards prize purchases